Pages

The County Fair

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hello Friends!

Do you have fond memories of fun summer visits to the county fair?  My memories are mostly food related like the smell of cotton candy, corn dogs, and candied apples.  I remember that the candied apples seemed so large and devastatingly delicious!   Back in June we took the kids to the Alameda County Fair and they had a blast. The fair was quite larger than I anticipated and much larger than any county fair I ever attended as a kid near my home town.

The kids had a great time eating deliciously unhealthy food and getting on the rides.  We spent a whopping 8 hours at the fair!  To this day we don't know how we accomplished this.  Clearly there was a lot to see.  :-)

My oldest is afraid of heights. I really admire him for trying new things even while it scares him silly! Here he is admiring the kids jumping with bungee cords.  He promised that he was going to do flips and jump higher than anyone before him.  Then he got on and the person manning the jumping station had to assist him in jumping!







The boys loved the experience and we're thankful the county fair only happens once a year! ;-)

What are your favorite memories of the County Fair?

Until next time!
--Carolina






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.