Pages

Lensbaby: Test 1

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hello!

My hubby gifted me a Lensbaby Sweet 35 Optic lense this past Christmas.  I know, I know.  Seven months later and I've only used it a few times.   My results with this lense have been lackluster in large part due to the lack of cooperative subjects.  ;-)   

On a serious note, this lense is a bit pricey (aren't they all?) but well worth it for the endless photography inspiration it offers. It does help to start out with still objects (a bowl of fruit, a stack of books, food, leaves, etc) rather than moving subjects such as kids. If you are used to auto focus lenses, you're in for a surprise as this lense requires manual focus and that can take some practice as I experienced. But it's well worth the effort for the lovely results.  Depending on the subject matter and lighting, the image results can be quite dreamy and dramatic. 

Here are two images from a recent practice shoot with my son. He would be quick to tell you that they are "torture" shoots. ;-)










Again, the focus is on his ear. Still, I like his body language.

As I mentioned before, this Lensebaby takes some getting used to!  I'll continue to practice and torture, er, share some of the better results in future posts.  ;-)

Until next time!
--Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.