Pages

Lazy Saturdays

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hello Friends!

There are two things that I miss terribly from my pre-baby days: a tidy home and sleeping in on Saturdays and maybe a Sunday or two as well.  ;-)  I no longer seem capable of keeping a tidy home or sleeping in since I've had my boys, but I have discovered the restorative powers of basically doing nothing at all on Saturdays. 

While I endeavor to take my boys somewhere fun each weekend, there is something to be said for simply hanging around the house without the pressure of having to be somewhere by a certain time. Sometimes doing nothing at home is just the thing we need as a family.  Other times it leads to endless bickering that I have no choice but to herd them into the car for an emergency visit to the nearest playground! 

To all of you out there who are able to keep a tidy home AND sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays, how lucky you are!  Send me some of your awesome karma please!  ;-)

I'd like to report that while I may be sleep deprived and subjecting my kids to reside in an almost always untidy home, they have mastered the art of enjoying lazy Saturdays!  That's a skill, right?


How do you spend your Saturdays?  More importantly, how do you maintain a tidy house with two young ones AND work full-time?   Please share!

Wishing you many restful Saturdays,

--Carolina   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.