Pages

Country Livin'

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hello Friends!

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I like to visit my brother in my hometown of Hopland, which it turns out is NOT 1 1/2 hours north of the Bay Area but 2 1/2 hours! I wonder where that one hour went?!  :-}  How I could have overlooked this is mind boggling. Perhaps I like and miss my hometown more than I previously thought.  Hmm.

This past weekend my little family and I made the trip north after my oldest's soccer practice (hence the blue uniform).  My boys had fun playing with their cousins and getting close and personal with my brother's chickens.
How beautiful are these chickens?!
This chicken is called Crooked Beak for obvious reasons-- he has a crooked beak. :-)
One of my favorite things about visiting my family (besides visiting with them, of course!) is the  natural beautiful landscape.  The oak trees are extremely large with majestic branches that shoot out from tree trunks with poetic grace.  They are truly amazing.  
The boys have a secret club house which they occasionally visit when they are not looking for bugs.  :-)
My family was generous with their summer bounty of veggies.  Mmmm. 

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!  What did you do?

Thanks for stopping by.
--Carolina  








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.