Pages

Out and About: Alameda Point

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hello Friends!

I am always scouting new locations for possible photo shoots. It's a bit of an obsession with me. I'll drive by a building and fall in love with an ornate column or a patch of grass with just the right amount of various greenery for a perfect portrait.  Never mind that the patch of grass is off a busy boulevard!  See?  It's an obsession!  ;-)

A couple of months ago I went to Alameda Point Antiques Fair and was intrigued by the abandoned buildings at the former Naval Air Station. There are many businesses and homes that are occupied but there are large buildings that appear uninhabited.  I was intrigued by the peeling paint on the exterior of these buildings and thought that these could make for an interesting backdrop for a photo shoot.  I went  with my mostly uncooperative model, my youngest, for a short walk around Alameda Point.

NOTE: This is my son's favorite t-shirt and he wears it often. He usually has it on when I happen to have my camera.  I promise you he has many other t-shirts!  ;-) 







I loved this art installation.  
May you not be tortured by the crazy urge to pull over to check out every potential photo shoot location!  ;-)
--Carolina 



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.