Pages

Out and About: Yosemite In February

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hello Friends!

I know exactly what you're thinking: Yosemite, again?! And the answer is a resounding YES!

Mr. Other Half's birthday celebration request was to spend his birthday in Yosemite. So that's what we did and let me tell you, each visit gets better and better. My oldest A loves riding his bike without having adults (ahem, ME) yelling at him to slow down or stop (which I normally do when we ride around our neighborhood). I totally understand because I, too, love the freedom of riding a bike, of the crisp air against my face, and the wind blowing my hair. It's so liberating. 

The boys had a great time and that means that we, the adults, had a great time! ;-)

I had a difficult time narrowing the number of photos. Then I thought, why narrow it down. Heck, this is my blog!  So here are more photos than you probably care to look at but, again, it's my blog! ;-) If you do decide to hang around, thanks!  

We stopped by the side of the road to have an impromptu picnic. 
Upon arrival we grabbed the kids and took them for a walk. Let's just say it was a very badly needed walk for the parents as much as for the kids.  Whew!  Sometimes videos, books, sleep, and snacks is not enough to keep the kids quiet for hours when cooped up in a moving vehicle.
The light was so beautiful that afternoon. I regretted not having brought a film camera to practice capturing some of this magnificent light. -sigh-
 My youngest, B, decided he wanted to run through the meadow without his shirt.  Said he found it liberating. I was tempted to do the same thing...  ;-)

The following morning we went on a hike to Yosemite Falls. A asked that I take a portrait in front of the Falls. Let's say his cooperation was somewhat lacking. 

B loves collecting sticks. Everywhere we went he added to his "coh-lection" to the point that he had to decide whether to hold his sticks in the bike seat or hold on to the bike seat. The sticks won out. They were far too precious for him to leave behind.  :-)
The light at the Ahwahnee Hotel porch was absolutely divine.  Again, I wished I had brought along a film camera. -sigh- Lesson learned, right? Right!
We took a bus to the skating rink near Camp Curry and caught this little guy in a quiet moment.  These moments are so fleeting!   

The boys found a fort on our the last morning. The steam rising from the wet wood was beautiful.  
I lack imagination when it comes to getting birthday gifts for my husband. He's not picky. Every year I ask what he would like for his birthday and he always answers the same, he has everything he needs. I get the same answer each Christmas. I got him this t-shirt and thought it would be perfect for him in Yosemite. Turns out in our ten years together (gasp!) this is his favorite gift.  Ha! :-)
For those who are curious I found this t-shirt on Etsy from seller Truly Sanctuary . They have whimsical designs on baby onesies and t-shirts. Plus, I'm a sucker for small indie shops and this one has an interesting story to go along with their fun designs. 
No self-respecting person would end a camping trip without a fuel stop at some fast food joint or two. We stopped at In-N-Out for some fortifying hamburgers and fries. Which, if you're not familiar with this place, is all they serve. 

Whew!  If you're still hanging around, you are one brave person!  Or I may have unintentionally hypnotized you.  Either way, thanks for stopping by. 

Wishing you all the best, 

--Carolina 



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.