Pages

Out and About: Yosemite in Winter (Part 1)

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Hello Friends!

I won't bother apologizing for the gap between posts. This working mama has to, well, work!  I will, however, thank you kindly for checking in every now and then-- thank you! 

It's probably obvious from previous posts that my little family and I love nature. We much prefer to go on a hike than to an amusement park (though we've done that).  We would rather go camping than go to the city and stay in a hotel (though if it were just the hubby and I we'd be up for that!).  The boys are happiest when they are either wet, muddy or both and their joy makes us happy.  So it's probably no surprise that when we would take a mini vacation in our favorite place, Yosemite. 

What's not to love about Yosemite?!  It is truly a wondrous place.  The best part of this visit was that the park was largely empty the first week in December before the first snow fell. While we missed the snow - insert sad face here- we still enjoyed long meandering bike rides throughout the park, took some nice short hikes with the boys, and genuinely enjoyed each other's company in a way that we hadn't on previous family vacations. 

Here are a few photos taken of a hike near Tunnel View on our first day there.  I also shot some film and hope to share those once I get them back from the lab. That is, I will share if they are share worthy.  ;-)



While I love nature I find photographing landscapes intimidating.  My Other Half is an AMAZING landscape photographer.  Here is my humble attempt at landscape photography. 

Today is the last day of 2014.  I wish you all a fabulously happy and successful new year.  May it be rich in health and family.  

Thanks so much for checking in. 

Until next time. 

--Carolina 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.