Pages

Sweet Communion Party Sources

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Greetings,
I've found a few minutes so I can get this post out of my head! Who knew maintaining a blog that only a few people read (my husband and I count, right?) would be difficult?  Not because I don't want to, quite the contrary! But because my time is so limited and I haven't quite found the perfect balance between working full time, being a mom and wife, and feeding my need to be creative. If anyone out there has some advice on how to effectively deal with Mama Guilt, please let me know!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a Sweet Communion Party my friend Adris let me decorate.  As I mentioned before the budget was quite small and I wanted to keep decor costs down as much as possible. My go-to decor item is paper. In this case, the whole party was decorated using tissue paper. Tissue paper is your friend, people!  You can find it almost anywhere and in so many colors.  Plus there's the added bonus of not having to feel guilty about spending money on something that can be recycled either as decor for another event down the line or as current whimsical decor for your home.  You can simply toss it in the recycle trash bin once your party is over and know that it will be recycled.

Without further ado, let me share a few more photos of the event and the sources.

I found the gold dot burlap at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I don't recall the exact price but I used a 40% off coupon & purchased the rest of the bolt. It was quite a substantial discount given the yardage purchased. The burlap was used as table runners.  E wrapped this small piece around a potted tulip.  So pretty.

The soda bottle labels are from Pinhole Press. I loved the final product! Most of the guests took one home as a favor.  The water bottle labels were designed and printed by me.


The gold tissue paper fringed letter A is from Michael's.   I used Tacky Glue to adhere the fringed tissue paper to the particle board letter.  I really like this glue. It dries quickly and is very thick so a little goes a long way. Michael's and Walmart carry this glue.


The cake pops are from Starbucks. I had plans to make them but didn't have enough time in the end. Thank goodness Starbucks had enough in stock!  :-)   They are finished off with gold and peach ribbon. 


The fans were made using this tutorial from Oh Happy Day.  They were quite tedious but well worth the effort. I deviated from the tutorial in that I did not use the cardboard piece recommended for hanging. We opted to hang these directly onto the wall with generic washi tape.  The small white fans are from Michael's found in the dollar section.   The papel picado used over the tables was made using the same method.  Again, quite a tedious to-do but so worth it for the wow factor.


The tissue paper flowers were made using this tutorial by Design Every Day. These are easy to make and make a statement when done in a good color combination.  The centers were made with  fringed gold tissue paper.


All the tissue paper used in the decor was purchased at Target.  Each color was a different quality of tissue paper. The light turquoise and white tissue paper was stiff and was so nice to work with as it held its shape well.  The peach and pink tissue paper was soft and pliable, almost like a fabric. It did not hold the folds nearly as well as the stiffer variety. Lesson learned:  is the stiffer the paper the better.

Thanks for checking in and be sure to check in later for the pictorial how-to of the gilded piƱata.

Best Wishes,
Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.