Pages

Pinkie, The Gilded Bad Boy

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hey there!

Glad you made it back here. :-)

I promised I would have a tutorial of sorts for the gold fringed piñata my friend nicknamed Pinkey. I'm not quite sure how she came up with that name but we are running with it!

Pinkey was found at Target in this fun state:
























Pretty cute but he didn't quite fit in with the party decor of pink and peach.  I thought I could transform him into something a little grander than his current state.  It was time for a makeover!  I considered re-fringe-ing (yeah, totally made it up) this little guy in alternating pink and peach stripes or in a bunch of mini tissue paper flowers. But then I came across this project on Pinterest by Studio DIY for this awesome gilded piñata!  I kid you not, the angels sang and the sun came out.  It is that amazing!

I deviated from her tutorial somewhat.  I don't like to use spray paint.  I am such a klutz I'd most likely end up spraying myself in the eye which would lead to a visit to the emergency room costing me lots in insurance co-payments and lost time. So to make my life easier and ease my overactive imagination, I decided to use gold tissue paper and simply re-fringe this little guy.

Here he is in his nude stage:
Make sure you have the following supplies in hand:

Fringe scissors
Tissue paper
Glue (I swear by Tacky Glue)

I simply cut along the fold lines on the tissue paper and cut those in half then fringed.  Make sure that you have enough to finish the project otherwise you'll have to pause to cut some more. But if you're like me, that just means you get to watch another episode of Scandal while you fringe some more tissue.  ;-)

Make sure the fringe is long enough. You'll end up glueing the top portion of the fringe right above the previously placed fringe.  I regret I didn't take more detailed photos but I was in the flow and didn't think to photograph for a full tutorial.

Here is Pinkey in his new outfit:

Isn't he so adorable!  LOVE!

Here he is in all his gilded glory with flowers and a tassel tail:

And another view up high and away from curious little hands:



He is so cute isn't he?!  I fell in love with this little guy and briefly considered keeping him for myself. But sanity prevailed and Pinkey is in his new home where he is appreciated and left alone and not bothered by little hands curious to know whether he is full of candy or not.  Had he stayed in my home he surely would not have survived a week!

Thanks for checking in!
--Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have something kind to say, kindly don't say anything at all.